How to Prevent Falls and Fall-Related Injury in Your Institution
This five-module, safety DVD show how to design a fall prevention program that identifies target areas proven to help reduce falls by 20%-45%. It pinpoints mental and physical fall risk factors, the importance of individualized fall risk assessments, accident reduction strategies, and demonstrates practical interventions to help prevent falls.
The program includes:
- Intrinsic fall risk factors: Assessment and Intervention
- Extrinsic fall risk Factors: Assessment and Intervention
- How to conduct a Gait/Balance Assessment (The “Get-Up-and-Go” test)
- Interventions to reduce the use of side rails
- How to assess a recent fall
An ideal resource to help care facilities balance safety concerns with resident freedom of movement and independence.
- Purchase DVD
- Purchase DVD (Tax Exempt)
- Rent DVD