How to Prevent Falls: 6 Steps to Better Balance
Presented by Dr. Betty Perkins-Carpenter, also known as “America’s Ambassador to Senior Fitness”, this empowering fall preventing program gives six simple steps to help older adults improve balance, and reduce the serious risk of falls and injuries.
This 6-step program includes easy steps that older adults can incorporate into their daily routines, such as:
- Stretching in Bed
- Ball Handling techniques (hand/eye coordination, space/depth perception, motor coordination, flexibility)
- Walking and talking on the telephone
- The Slumb (“slumping” into a chair versus just sitting down)
- Dancing with your pillow (leg and cardio-vascular strengthener
The video also discusses the psychological effects of the fear of falling, life by using these simple, health-enhancing techniques.
- Purchase DVD
- Purchase DVD (Tax Exempt)