Dementia Care For America’s Heroes – 3 DVD Set
The demand for quality care for veterans with Alzheimer’s Disease and other types of dementia is soaring. This 3-DVD set gives five hours of evidence-based dementia care education and inspiration that family and professional caregivers will find indispensable when providing care for veterans.
Chaptered for easy access to specific topics, this culture change package:
- gives caregivers a foundational understanding of various types of dementia (Alzheimer’s, Vascular, Lewy Body, Frontotemporal, Parkinson’s and more)
- outlines common behaviors associated with cognitive loss and why they occur,
- demonstrates best practices when approaching and communicating with veterans, and
- shows how to provide support as symptoms change and/or progress.
With this informative and upbeat series, caregivers will learn how to engage and communicate more effectively with persons with dementia at every stage of care. Presented by award-winning dementia care specialist Heather McKay.
- Purchase DVD
- Purchase DVD (Tax Exempt)