Criminal Justice In Later Life Domestic Violence
This educational video will help law enforcement professionals understand how to:
- properly interview older victims (and alleged abusers)
- collect physical evidence
- gather and interpret information
- build a credible court case even if the victim recants
- explain the legal and protective services available to victims
Using a re-enactment case scenario, the video creates awareness of many factors specific to elder abuse, including, differences in an older person’s physical body, levels of cognizance, existing medical conditions, and heightened levels of fear. The video also covers the various forms abuse can take physical, verbal, and financial as well as, less obvious forms, such as, psychological and sexual.
Law enforcement professionals, victim advocates, and other service providers will benefit from this video by learning how to better communicate with and assist elderly abuse victims.
- Purchase DVD
- Purchase DVD (Tax Exempt)
- Rent DVD