Care of the Dying: Making Decisions and Plans
This video will help caregivers to communicate openly with patients and their families about the terminal illness that the patient is facing, so the patient and family members can have the information they need to make appropriate decisions. The video documents the importance of being honest with the terminally ill person and their family members so they can:
- understand, ask questions, and make critical choices together
- experience acceptance and a sense of closure
The video reinforces the role of the caregiver as a supporter of the decisions that are made in regards to treatment or non-treatment options, and encourages caregivers to openly express their own emotions about losing patients that they have come to know and care for over an extended period of time.
This tape is part of a four tape series. The other tapes in the series are:
- Care of the Dying: Learning About Dying: Death, the Final Stage of Life
- Care of the Dying: A Conspiracy of Silence: Helping the Patient and Family to Live With Terminal Illness
- Care of the Dying: Comfort Measures at the End of Life
Each tape from the series is listed separately and may be purchased individually for $159.00. The Discount Price for the complete four tape set, listed as Care of the Dying, The Series, is $499.00.
- Purchase DVD
- Purchase DVD (Tax Exempt)
- Rent DVD