Great Nursing Assistants: Residents’ Perspective
What makes a great nursing assistant? Long-term care residents in this video will tell you! Great nursing assistants:
- Listen and communicate with them,
- Try to understand and meet their needs,
- Show patience and kindness AT ALL TIMES, and don’t rush through their care,
- Treat them as individuals with individual needs,
- Give them choices about their daily care and routines,
- Communicate their needs to the next shift person so that person is fully aware of their needs for that day,
- Respond to call bells (and physical and emotional pain) in a timely manner, and
- Know and do their jobs.
This personal ‘checklist’ from residents will provide nursing assistants with an ideal opportunity to better understand how they can meet the overall needs of residents.
- Purchase DVD
- Purchase DVD (Tax Exempt)
- Rent DVD